Wednesday, January 18, 2017

#100DayProject - ME

From around October 2016, I've had a strong feeling that 2017 will be one of the best years I've ever had. Nothing had been promised to me; it's just a strong sense that 2017 is going to be great.  In Summer/Fall 2016 one of my doctors told me that I need a project. I started some but nothing "stuck." Last night, 1/17/17, I thought of something to do. Then today 1/18/17 I saw a pretty pic in my IG (Instagram) explorer tab, clicked on it and saw the hashtag #100dayproject. Intrigued, I looked up the tag on IG but I couldn't figure out the details of the project, so I googled it and was led here.

Every day, starting from January 21, 2017 through May 1, 2017*, I will post scale pics (in addition to my weekly summaries). This is more than weightloss for me. This is a commitment to awaken, nurture and sustain [my] creative spirit though the cultivation of small daily acts for 100 days. What better way to awaken, nurture and sustain my creative spirit than by taking and posting daily scale pics for 100 days? In doing so, I am bringing my new, improved physical self into existence, through daily pictures, in a way that holds me accountable every single day. 

More than anything, losing weight will enable me to fully reclaim the organized, self-disciplined, laser-focused, self-confident, almost fearless person I've been since birth. In 2013 I was in an accident that resulted in a TBI (traumatic brain injury) among others. The last few years have been a dark period for me, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically. After the accident, I turned to food for emotional and physical comfort like never before, and it shows. I know that I won't be who I used to be ever again, and that's great. I embrace change, and I like some of the changes. I have reclaimed some of the best parts of pre-accident me through various forms of therapy, but at this point, getting back to my right size will be most helpful in realizing my dream of reclaiming the organized, self-disciplined, laser-focused, self-confident and almost fearless person I've been since birth. 

Daily scale pics are the manifestation of my commitment to climb out of that dark period by improving my outward appearance, which will eventually enable me to realize my dream of showing up in the world in the way I see myself  (and have always been), ie. as an organized, self-disciplined, laser-focused, self-confident and almost fearless lady. Posting daily scale pics holds me accountable to this goal every single day, in a creative way. I will make the most of the next 100 days. Join me!

*There are five days in April where I may not be able to post scale pics, but I will try to post something on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.